The order food in train facility has brought major respite to all food-related inconveniences that passengers used to face while traveling by train. The facility now allows passengers to order their favourite meal from their preferred restaurant using a food delivery app. As the train crosses the scheduled food delivery station, the food is delivered fresh and hot right onto the seat. Given the many advantages, more and more passengers are now embracing this online food delivery service. However, there are certain do’s and don’ts that must be followed when you order food in train. Let’s have a look:
Do’s For Ordering Food In Train
Listed below are certain things that should be kept in mind while availing the order food in train service:
- Order Through Authorized Partners – The ‘order food in train’ is a service launched by the IRCTC. There is a complete set of food delivery partners who have registered with IRCTC for the same. All orders for food delivery in trains must be done through these IRCTC-approved food delivery partners only.
- Enter Correct Details – The order food in train delivery process requires the passenger to enter their 10-digit PNR number. It will also need you to enter details of your mobile number and email address before moving to the food order process. Make sure you enter each of the details correctly.
- Check Delivery Station – Order food in train service, available only at select stations. Check the list beforehand. Also, different food delivery vendors may operate on different stations. If you have a particular restaurant in mind from where you want to order food in train, check if it delivers food to your preferred station.
- Live Train Running Status – The food delivery in the train happens only at the scheduled stations where the train is to halt. While the IRCTC trains invariably run on time, there can be situations wherein the train runs late. Thus, the time the train will reach the next-in-line station may vary due to train delays. When availing order food in train facility, the passenger must run a live train running status check to know the exact location of the train and the time when it will reach the next scheduled halt.
- Order Timing – The order food in train service is available for a particular time band. There are different operating timings for breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. Also, there is a different time slot for ordering snacks and mid-meals. Check the delivery slot before ordering food. Also, the order must be placed at least 50 minutes before the train is scheduled to reach the delivery station. As the food preparation takes place fresh and hot, the delivery partner requires a minimum of 50 minutes to prepare and deliver food.
- Order Confirmation – Once the order is placed and the online payment is successful, an order confirmation is received through SMS, Whatsapp, and email. In case the passenger fails to receive the order confirmation message, the order is not placed. Get in touch with the customer care representative to get a complete order update.
- Preconditions For Bulk Orders – When travelling in a group of more than 15 people, it is important to place orders under the bulk order category. These orders are to be placed 24 hours in advance.
- Track Order – Once the order is successfully placed and you receive an order confirmation, the mobile app or website will share the tracking details. Stay updated by following the track order details.
- Food Delivery – When the actual food delivery of your order takes place, make sure it is packed and sealed correctly. Also, confirm that it is from the same food aggregator of IRCTC through which you ordered the food.
Don’ts For Ordering Food In Train
In addition to the Do’s list, there are certain points or Don’ts that the passenger should be aware of to enjoy a seamless order food in train delivery experience.
- Avoid Unauthorized Vendors – Place orders through the official website or mobile app of an authorised IRCTC-approved food partner. You may lose money if you book an order from an unauthorised vendor.
- Do Not Share OTP – As the entire ‘order food in train’ service is online, the passenger will be required to enter OTP at several stages. Do not share your OTP with anyone else except the IRCTC delivery agent.
- Do Not Leave Your Seat – The order food in train service ensures food delivery on the seat number. So do not leave your seat and move around to pick up your order. The delivery agent will deliver the order to your seat. You will be required to share the delivery OTP for a successful delivery.
- Do Not Receive Tampered Food Packets – When receiving an order on the train, make sure the package is not leaking or tampered with. Passengers can raise issues or grievances related to food delivery on the helpline number itself. Food delivery that is not up to the mark is refunded completely.
The order food in train service is a viable solution to all food-related problems that passengers encounter during their train travel, especially on long-distance routes. This IRCTC-approved facility allows passengers to order food from the restaurant of choice. But the facility entirely relies on internet technology, with deliveries getting disturbed due to train delays. Thus, a quick and effective way to enjoy food on the train is to adhere to all the do’s and don’ts recommended for the service. And do not forget to do a quick live train running status check before ordering food.
I do not have a confirmed ticket. Can I order food in train?
Yes, the order food in train service can also be availed by people with an RAC status. However, the delivery can be done only when the train ticket is confirmed during chart preparation.
I am travelling by Shatabdi Express. Can I order food in train?
Yes, order food in train service is available for passengers travelling by Shatabdi Express. The service is available at all originating, halting, and terminating stations that offer it.